1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real or Fake Chanel Scarf

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Slimewarp, May 22, 2017.

1. Slimewarp

Slimewarp Registered Guest

Could anyone help me figure out if this Chanel Paris scarf is authentic? It is very large, feels like silk but I am admittedly not the master of fabric identification. There is no material tag, but the hems do appear to be hand rolled. I have seen the same design sold as authentic but I wanted to get your opinions.

20170521_225501.jpg IMG_20170521_230353_562.jpg 20170521_225452.jpg 20170521_225442.jpg 20170521_225449.jpg IMG_20170521_230353_564.jpg

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hello, We're happy to answer questions that we can for you but we don't authenticate items here.
    Try googling Chanel athentication services and see what you come up with that way.

Slimewarp likes this.
  3. Slimewarp

My apologies! Thanks

4. Slimewarp, are you sure that's a hand rolled hem? Looks machine sewn to me.

Slimewarp likes this.
  5. Slimewarp

Circa, no, I'm not certain. I thought it was based on photos but i have no experience with scarves and my knowledge of hems is basic.

6. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I agree with Nicole. That's a machine blindstitch frequently used on ready-to-wear hems of all types.

7. Slimewarp

so does that lead you to believe it is counterfeit?

8. Well, put it this way: all the genuine scarves I've seen have hand rolled hems.

9. Slimewarp

okay, thank you :)