1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real or fake orange tab Levi’s

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by stephanie4989, Mar 11, 2020.

1. stephanie4989

stephanie4989 Registered Guest

I’m not sure if these are real or not. They have an orange tab but no leather waistband patch. Does anyone have any ideas? I’ve seen some for sale online as “vintage”but also have no leather waistband tab. There is also no tag on the inside.

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

any other labels? and what do the seams look like, interior?

3. stephanie4989

No other labels!

Attached Files:

4. stephanie4989

I found a tag. Any ideas? It says SF 207 on the top

Attached Files:

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

These are Levis 646. They were very popular in the 70s and early 80s. Do you have a photo of the whole pair of jeans?

6. stephanie4989

Oh wow. Awesome. I’ve been doing a lot of research and came to the same conclusion about the dates. I appreciate you confirming because I wasn’t totally sure.

Attached Files:

7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Of course, I'd double check the interior seams and so forth to make sure they aren't later but they really do look to be late 1970s to early 1980s.

8. Joeson

Joeson Registered Guest

Levis orange tab were part of their range that was targeted at a younger audience.From the interior tag, they look to be vintage from the 1970s('72~).If they are zip fly the zipper should be Talon 42.