1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Vintage Dior?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by daniecaw, Oct 8, 2011.

1. daniecaw

daniecaw Registered Guest

Hi Vintage Fashion Friends,

I recently came across this amazing vintage Dior purse. Everything about it seems authentic except the label says "Paris - Mexico Hecho en Mexico". I've been doing research and I know Dior used to make items outside of France but Mexico? Can anyone give me more info on this? Thanks! DSCN0301-1.jpg DSCN0303-1.jpg

2. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

I've never heard of Dior from Mexico. I would think its a fake. Sorry!

3. Looks pretty fake to me!

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I would also say the writing nearly going off the label doesn't look quality to me.

5. Mariana Caraveo

Mariana Caraveo Registered Guest

Hi! I know this post is from 10 years ago. I recently found a handbag at my mother's that has a similar label than yours. I made some research and found out that around 1980, Casa Aries in Mexico City began manufacturing backgammon sets to luxury fashion houses such as Hermes and Dior. Actually the Casa Aries set in "Rich Coffee" color has the same "Christian Dior Paris Mexico Hecho en Mexico" label than my bag and yours. So I do not think this handbag is a fake, it might have been manufactured by this leather company along with the backgammon cases and other things. Btw, the cases were a limited edition, so the handbags may also be kind of "special". Hope this helps!

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Many of the Paris couture houses were not producing their best work in the 1970s and early 80s. Chanel, Vuitton, and Lanvin were particularly setting a low bar, Dior and Balmain were better but still taking shortcuts...

Rue_de_la_Paix likes this.