1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ringier Journal de Mode

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks to my vintage pattern shop I became aware that one of the biggest publishing houses here in Switzerland once also published sewing patterns - Ringier. They were active in that field from somewhere in the 40s until the 70s, at least going by all that I have found so far. Since there simply seems to exist no information about them anywhere, I am trying to gather any information I can. The best source of information are their beautiful "Journal de Mode" magazines, that appeared twice a year and showed the best patterns for each season, beautifully illustrated. I have recently found a few more of these - they are rather elusive, and not much wanted today since they don't contain any actual patterns. Even better, I have for the first time found a 1940s one! More elusive are only the fabulous evening wear patterns, of which there are a few in each magazine, but of which I have not yet found any at all!
    Anyhow, I have started a little online collection of these beautiful magazines - they are also very good at showing how fashion has evolved: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rockers_diva/collections/72157662603148773/

2. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

The collection is fabulous Karin, and that 1940s one is a real treasure!