1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robe dating/info

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Tamzzyn, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

Picked this up today. Judging by the label, construction and the material I'm guessing that it is 50s? Has anyone heard of Pak-A-ROBE? There is a zipper in the pocket and and I was wondering if it is some form of travel robe that can be zipped up into a bag/pouch for travel?

Thanks!
    received_298080067630161.jpeg received_302529416977294.jpeg received_864405553749904.jpeg received_287059712028429.jpeg received_225132854868060.jpeg

2. Nice find! I'm not familiar with the brand but the label does suggest you're right. Have you tried it? Zipper and fabric does look '50s.

Tamzzyn likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

These types of robes were meant to actually be folded (the zipped pocket is the actual pouch) and then placed into the zippered pocket. It is a bit difficult to but it can be done.
    I have had a few like this over the years. Not with this particular label but all considered to be "easy to pack travel robes".

I would agree with the 1950s dating.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Tamzzyn and The Vintage Merchant like this.
  4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

just wanted to say, i love the colors and the foulard print! looks terrific!

can you email me your shop's url, please, Tamzzyn? my email is [email protected]

thanks!

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I only found ads for Pak-A-Robe from 1957-1959. This ad is from 1957 and, assuming the text is too small to read here, it says at the bottom: "The ideal traveling companion! Classically styled dress length robe of wrinkle resistant, washable rayon surah. To pack -- just open the zipper of an inner pocket...turn the pocket inside out...then tuck in the rest of the robe, then zip it up! White, beige, or royal blue background with small print. In sizes small, medium, large."

Pak-A-Robe1957.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  6. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

It is lovely isn't it? :)

I don't actually have a shop! I'm a bit of a vintage hoarder and I'm trying to learn as much as possible! I do plan on setting up an Etsy site so I can continue collecting without running out of space!!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  7. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

Thank you so much :)