1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robert Courtney?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by foofoogal, Apr 12, 2018.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Trying to find this designer information. No label in the labels by VFG.

I see he was quite a prominent designer and even used in sewing patterns.

Any info greatly appreciated.

1960s/1970s party dress.

Attached Files:

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Please post a photo of the label.

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Without seeing the label, I will assume this is your designer:

(1982 — Re Designer Robert Courtney of Los Angeles) “Born on the island in the city of Galveston, he graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in geology (war then intervened and) Courtney then served in Italy as a captain with the 5th US Army.

After the war he moved to California, to work for Capitol Records. As a result of meeting people in the fashion industry, he became more interested in that field...(and) he joined Charles Cooper, a couture designer of the 1950’s and 1960’s, as vice president in charge of sales.

After Cooper died, the firm of Robert Courtney was formed by Courtney and the husband-and-wife team of Eileen and Ken Leigh...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Jonathan likes this.
  4. foofoogal

I am sorry. It was too large so had to email. Then email was being worked on and then tornadoes here in Arkansas.
    Here it is finally. Thanks so much.

Can someone expand on how certain designers would be used to do patterns?
    The patterns I have seen with him state Prominent Designer?

Attached Files:

5. foofoogal