1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robert Piguet exclusive reproduction

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Tracy Leigh, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Tracy Leigh

Tracy Leigh Registered Guest

I'm looking for a bit of help valuing this "exclusive Robert Piguet" reproduction rain coat for Lawrence of London's Designer Collection. It's a gorgeous, black snakeskin-textured silk swing coat with incredible crossover shawl collar and plaid lining. What a drape on this beauty! I do understand that it is not a designer original, but it still seems quite rare. Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Since the House of Piguet closed in 1951, I don't see how it could date after that...

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Unfortunately we cannot help with values. As he died in 1953, I am wondering when this coat was made - have you searched by the other label Lawrence of London, that may clue you in to a date and perhaps help you to evaluate the price.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

cross posted with Jonathan. He was a very important designer, I wonder if one of the auction houses specializing in vintage might be able to help.

6. Tracy Leigh

Thank you so much for your interest and help, everyone! I'm not looking for a monetary value per say; more just wondering if anyone has seen any other Piguet reproductions or any other Lawrence of London jackets from this designer collection of theirs. Also, just sharing for fun:) I purchased it from an estate in Champaign, Il about 10 years ago.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  7. Tracy Leigh

Thank you very much:)

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, I kind of missed this the first time around. The Musée suisse de la Mode in Yverdon holds Piguet's archives (unfortunately I haven't made it there yet)... you could try writing to them and see if they know anything.
    Code:
    http://www.museemode.ch/collections.html