1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roecliff & Chapman Label Resource Entry

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Carnivàle, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Carnivàle

Carnivàle Registered Guest

Hello,

How is everyone this evening? Am I going crazy, is there not a label resource entry for Roecliff & Chapman? If there isn’t, how can I go about helping get one added because I think there should be!

I have this lovely 40s double elevens marked dress from them, along with another 40s one and I believe a 50s one. I can’t find out much about the company, other than some wonderfully glamorous advertisements. Can anyone tell me more please?

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Carnivàle

Hi Donna,

Yes I am well acquainted with the double elevens logo. It was the Roecliff & Chapman one that I was surprised was not in the label resource.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, our label resource depends all on help from our members - meaning that someone here needs to know the story of a company/designer or at least find out enough of it to write an entry about it, and then we also need to have at least one label to go with it. And of course there are so many labels out there, and about so many, so little is known...

4. Ooops, sorry, I misunderstood.

5. Carnivàle

Hi Karin,

Yes exactly, that’s why I said “how can I go about helping get one added?” I am offering the three labels on the dresses I have which I can confirm two are 40s and one 50s. I am also happy to write a small spiel about what I can get from the advertisements available online. I do not know how to do this for you however so that’s what I’m asking.

6. Carnivàle

This is really bothering me so I’m just going to reiterate - nothing about my original post is moaning about the lack of label. I think my post is chatty enough and there are enough exclaimation marks to show this.

This is a genuine offer of help from me because of how much I use and appreciate the label resource. I just honestly don’t know how to go about getting a new entry added and that is what I am asking here.

7. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Carnivàle likes this.
  8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. Carnivàle

Awesome thanks Pinky, if it’s as simple as that to get it added from scratch, I’ll get on it this weekend!

10. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

thank you!