1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rooster Ties Redux - Label alert for Lizzie!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Earlier, Cat had a thread about some Rooster ties she had wanted to date. (ironically I had that in the back of my head and what do i come across? Rooster ties!) But it is only fitting because there was an earlier thread where Stacey had some and then Lynn (NovaFashions) found some at the time the discussion was ending as well. So who will find a tie after they read this thread? :)

Anyhow

"heatherloom " like Cat's, so late 50s/early 60s the same as Jonathan was dating them...square bottom as well. But the pictures are deleted so i could not go back and reference if it is the same exact.
    [​IMG]

Now this one the label is identical except has the (r) registered trademark symbol and the background is white white. so I am assuming its later... it has the square bottom just like the other tie only it is 100% cotton.
    [​IMG]

It also had a John Wanamaker label on the same tie.
    [​IMG]

I did a search to find when the registered trade mark appeared and came up with nothing. I am vaguely guessing an 80s revival of the square bottomed tie, but I am open to be wrong. That is a stab in the dark and it could be older or newer.

I didn't have the camera ready and was just too eager, so i scanned a part of the ties. It looks like yacht flags to me and matches perfectly with another find.

[​IMG]

thanks for verification it advance!

Chris

2. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

Here is that picture of the Rooster tie label again for reference purposes.<p>Sorry about deleting it!<p>Cat
    [​IMG]

3. Patentleathershoes

No problem Cat and thanks a bunch!

Okay, so yours is heathernit and mine is heatherloom

The label on mine also says WPL 13303 but it is around the other side of the loop of the label, if that makes sense.

There is a second label right under it that says

Heatherloom
    woven exclusively
    for Rooster of
    All Virgin Wool

I will scan that shortly if needed. I might look into putting a different tie pic in there because that one isn't loading, though for me it loads enough to see the material.

its a label resource bonanza...three different Rooster labels and another dept store. i will have to find some info on the dept store.

I googled rooster and didn't find any definitive histoy, just examples of ties for sale....

4. Patentleathershoes

Then maybe my first rooster one is not the exact same year as yours. I am so confused :(