1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROXY Quicksilver blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by lRena, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lRena

lRena Registered Guest

Hi,

Can you help me to date this Roxy blouse, please.

Each side of the blouse is made of material with different pattern. In front there is a zip that fasten the blouse about half way down.

If you need any details, have any question, fell free to ask.

P1090372.JPG P1090374.JPG P1090760.JPG P1090761.JPG P1090762.JPG P1090761.JPG P1090760.JPG P1090372.JPG P1090374.JPG P1090762.JPG

Thanks,
    Renata

2. Post-1985 to modern

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

From the Quicksilver website:

that print combo is much more modern than early 90s; imo, that is more of an 00 or later garment.

it's cute as can be, i LOVE Roxy; but your top isn't vintage. yet.

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

We have have had a surf shop in town here for many years now (I have no idea why, being the furthest one can possibly be from the sea) so this style is quite familiar to me. Quite a lot of the clothing they produce uses retro prints. 60s/70s being dominant - it goes with the whole minivan camper/surfer look. Ironically most of the people wearing it do none of the sports associated!
    Features of your shirt which are more modern include:
    • the juxtaposing of different prints on one garment
    • motif embroidery on top of printed fabric (think Laura Lee)
    • the number of languages on the care label
    • produced in Hungary (and quite often Romania)

Having decoded several brand's modern labels before, there is a basic system used to put a date on most garment labels now; I think yours is on the white label at the top: CWSH0703 (shirt, july 2003) Topshop often puts the colour on their code too, which is longer.

cotmyey likes this.
  5. honeychurch

honeychurch Registered Guest

I'm not an expert but that definitely looks like it was produced within the past 10 years tbh.

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd put this no earlier than early 00s either.. I had a top at that time that had front, back and sleeves made from differently-patterned fabrics.

Melanie, your observations about these styles are so right! I know someone who's nuts about anything Roxy... not that she's a surfer... It's just the image and the styling that it seems is the big draw.

Karin

Pinkcoke likes this.
  7. lRena

lRena Registered Guest

seems that it's not as old as I thought ..

Thank you for your opinions and help !!:USETHUMBUP:

8. marlisaysvintage

marlisaysvintage Registered Guest

I would say it's early 90s, but it could have been made later and aged on purpose.

9. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

It's always interesting to see how far back a brand we find relatively 'modern' really is!
    I found out not long ago, Etam, a 90's youth brand in the UK, was actually over 100 years old...who knew?

I couldn't access the trademark database previously due to upgrades but I have since looked up these dates:

Quiksilver was registered in 1977 (note, there is no c, because Quicksilver was a previous clothing brand from 1898, it is held by the same company now however)
    The Logo: The original was a hand drawn wave splashing against a mountain as seen here. This was redesigned into the basic logo we see today in 1989 as seen here. It is shown with a neon lighting style font Quiksilver underneath from 1993 here. (is this the one you remember to Mary?)
    The use of two mirror image logos shown as a heart (as on your embroidery and shirt label Irena) first appears in 1996 as seen here.
    Roxy, a sub-brand or range from Quiksilver, is first introduced as a fragrance in 1998, and clothing from 1999 (though not registered until 2001)

lkranieri likes this.
  10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

roxy's history, according to roxy.

http://www.roxy.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=corp&subdisplay=about

my ex was a Quicksilver fanatic, 3rd generation born Hawaiian, 2nd generation surfer; he owned and wore tons of quick. i was thrilled when quicksilver started a girl's line, (roxy) and especially when they introduced board shorts for girls.

i'll see if i can find any of my old tees and board shorts now that it's getting warmer out, but pretty sure i practically wore them out ~ i loved 'em.

11. RoxyGirl69

RoxyGirl69 Registered Guest

Hi!
    I've worked for the company and can tell you that it would be between 1990-2000. Sorry I can't be more specific.
    Very cool piece! :)