1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salvatore Ferragamo shoes

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Joji Furukawa, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

Hello everyone! I just came back from the thrift store where I found this pair of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes. I'm sort of leaning towards the 1980s but what do you guys think? Also, what do the numbers and letters stamped inside the shoes mean? Thank you!

P7211495.JPG P7211497.JPG P7211498.JPG P7211500.JPG P7211501.JPG P7211502.JPG

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I would agree with 1980s. I can see them being worn both with a business suit or Chanel style skirt suit and more casually with a cocktail length day dress.
    The codes on the left would have been for the manufacturer and retailer's use. One of which is probably the shoe style number. 8 B is the US size (Ferragamos have always been marked in US sizing as far as I am aware) B is medium width. I don't know what the 1 is for but it might be the colour, this two tone style was a popular type of shoe and I bet they made it in black and navy, possibly red too.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  3. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

Thank you so much for your reply! I had absolutely no idea what those meant even the size one!