1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save the Date: Vintage Pattern Workshop UPDATE

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Patentleathershoes, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

This is advanced notice...think of it as a "save the date"!

On Friday, December 2nd, we are pleased to announce that our very own Laura Skidmore of The Vintage Fashion Library will be presenting a workshop on patterns!

Laura will teach us clues to look for on dating vintage patterns. She will also talk a bit about histories of some of the companies one might encounter, and also answer your questions about vintage patterns.

So mark your calendar. It promises to be very informative and here's your chance to ask your burning questions! The workshop will begin at approximately noon EST.

Chris

2. Patentleathershoes

3. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

i have got a huge bookshelf full of patterns that i shelved (quite literally!) in order to organise them at a later date. maybe that date will be december 2nd.... :spin:

looking forward to it laura!!

4. Laura

Laura Alumni

Please do come. :) I'll be posting some pictures to help you date patterns, I'll give you an easy-easy-easy cheat sheet to date '40s and '50s patterns, and you're welcome to post pictures of any that you're stumped on. :D

So be sure to stop by with your questions! And if you can't make it on Friday the 2nd, I'll be stopping back in over the weekend to answer questions.

Laura

5. Patentleathershoes

Just giving a bump up!

6. I have tons of patterns and no system for keeping track. I am looking forward to this workshop!!

7. Yippeeee!! Really looking forward to this one. Thanks Laura!

8. Laura

Laura Alumni

I'm looking forward to it, too. :)

I was out shopping at an antique mall the other day, and I came across two advertisements introducing the "new" printed patterns for a particular company. I'm so happy because now I have dates for those two changes in pattern production methods, and it will help me date some of the patterns in my collection.

Gee, do I sound like a pattern geek? :BAGUSE:

Laura

9. Patentleathershoes

Not at all Laura :) re: geek

I am glad you are willing to teach us :)

10. Patentleathershoes

11. Patentleathershoes

Eric over at the Fedora Chronicles (and a registrant of this forum) A.k.a Renderking Fish has graciously agreed to help promote the December 2nd pattern workshop on his daily front desk page that ran today

Scroll down to the bottom, its on his daily page under vintage threads. His site is definitely worth a look if you like the vintage lifestyle, movies, film noir, etc....and of course fedoras! There is a lot to read and look at :)

http://thefedorachronicles.com/

12. Patentleathershoes

Just a late weekend bump :)

This is the last time i bump it and then i will send out a notice in the next few weeks.

13. Patentleathershoes

Just bumpin til its here!

14. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

just to say i am excited and looking forward to sitting down next to the 'puter with my HUGE pile of patterns that i have barely even dared look at before.
    off to the local christmas market (apparently there are reindeer and an ice rink, so am obviously over-excited.. and more so than my small son) in the afternoon so should join you once it's up and running.

so see you tomorrow laura! :hiya: