1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarves and Shawls

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by claireshaeffer, Sep 26, 2020.

1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I'm listing the scarves and shawls which I have acquired from friends and when travelling.

I started listing most as scarves unless they were obviously a shawl, but some were listed earlier as shawls.

Do you have any guidelines? Does it matter since I include the dimensions when I list them?

2. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

I think most people would like to see dimensions, Claire.

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

If there is any question that something could be either a scarf or a shawl, I include both terms in the title so it will come up in a search for either.

4. claireshaeffer

Debbie, I'm adding the dimensions.
    Some are pretty straight forward: long and narrow and a large square are scarves. A shaped "scarf" or one with ruffles is usually a shawl. A long wide scarf could be a scarf or shawl.
    Thanks for your input.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Where will you sell them, Claire?

6. claireshaeffer

Barbara,
    I'm not planning to sell them at this time. I just need to know what I have. The Feb. burglary was a wake-up call.

I would call the scarves an accumulation, not a collection. Most were purchased, instead of fabric, when we traveled, although I bought fabric as well.

When DH was working, we went to many countries for him to attend meetings or give talks. This was a wonderful opportunity because I would have several days by myself to shop and sight see. When we went to Vietnam, I visited several garment factories. After he retired, we went to some different out-of-the way places.

I have several scarves that I have questions about; I'll post once I take some photos.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.