1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schiaparelli's Inspirations

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Feb 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I enjoy the work of Else Schiaparelli and knew that she worked in collaboration with Salvador Dali. I also have seen several of her pieces using a lobster in the design. But I did not know that this telephone by Dali is what inspired her lobster work.

1996.1_Aphrodisiac(Lobster)-Telephone_low.jpg

2. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Wow, that is very interesting.
    I also love that designer.
    Thank you.

3. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

If anyone ever has the chance to go to the Salvador Dali Museum in Saint Pete it is a must go. Besides having some of his amazing works there are some collaborations with Schiaparelli shown. And the gift store is fab. Lot's of reproduction and inspired Schiaparelli items. It's a beautiful museum. Every time I go to Florida I have to stop at this museum. I wish I could live there.

http://shop.thedali.org/

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Thanks Tiffany, as I did not know about this museum.

5. OMG, Amanda.....that phone is something else! I knew there was more to my love of Lobsters instead of their divine taste! I've always been in awe of Schiaparelli's collaborations with Dali. Thank you for sharing. You always post the most interesting finds and I do enjoy seeing them in the threads.

6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Thanks Bonnie! I hope you are seeing the Instagram posts I do on the VintageFashionGuild account. I am a huge Schiaparelli fan. It's so easy to be enthralled with her creations.