1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Handuc. Desperately, lol.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by NylonNostalgia, Jun 5, 2021.

1. NylonNostalgia

NylonNostalgia VFG Member

Hi all. I am doing an on-going online article on obscure British lingerie makers, a kind of tribute to the forgotten, the nearly forgotten, and the should-be forgotten. The problem with researching mid-century obscure British lingerie makers is that they are, well, obscure! By their very nature, hardly anything exists about them. Can any of you clever wizzos out there shed any light on the most obscure vintage undie maker of them all - Handuc? It's like they've been purged from history, wiped clean from all the obvious places like Companies House, UK trademarks, etc. Although there are a couple of ads, when it came to getting useful info my newspaper archive turned in not a single sausage. Nowt. Nada.

It all started with a slip I got...

51147768952_70ce975b44_c.jpg

51149220729_65adcdda28_h.jpg

51148448141_a6ef89388e_b.jpg

51148448191_5e1ae7eb04_c.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

it's very sweet, very pretty, but, sorry, I'm no help with Handuc. I wonder if @lkranieri is familiar???

NylonNostalgia likes this.