1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rock that frock

Rock that frock Registered Guest

Hi,

I was hoping someone could identify this decorative sewing technique on this wool suit jacket?

Thank you for your help!
    JC image.jpeg

2. It's a type of princess seam that's more complicated: a panel has been introduced underneath to create a type of vent, and then the edges top-stitched. I don't know if it has a particular name: it's an unusual and laborious treatment.

Rock that frock likes this.
  3. Mad Catter

Mad Catter Registered Guest

I just saw the piece that this sewing in on in another thread and it's gorgeous! I don't know the name for that seam but it's located in a spot that seems like it would move and shape very nicely.

Perhaps you could post the picture of the full outfit for others that see this thread but haven't seen your other post?

4. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

It's a slot seam. Sometimes called a closed slot because the folds meet. An open slot seam show the underlayer at the center. Frequently, the underlayer is a different color, fabric, or pattern.

5. Rock that frock

Thank you Nicole! Funny thing, my Mother was a seamstress at Holt and Renfrew in Montreal, QC, Canada. I wish I had had the foresight to have learned from her. She could have taught me so very much. :(

Joanne XX

Mad Catter likes this.
  6. Rock that frock

That is so cool to know Claire. Thank you so very much! xx
    DSC_0115.jpg

7. Rock that frock

8. Mad Catter

Mad Catter Registered Guest

Yes, that's beautiful. Very flattering on I bet. Thank you.

9. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Stunning!
    Does the dress have any labels?

10. Rock that frock

Hi Claire,

Yes it does have tags. Nathan Strong and Gail Brown. It's a beautiful suit, but a 25" waist! LOL

Gobble Gobble <3

Joanne

P.S. What is a Trade Member?