1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shameless self-promotion

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by claireshaeffer, Sep 4, 2020.

1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Your deep knowledge on these topics really is a treasure that should be shared. Thank uou.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Claire, this is wonderful! May I share it in our blog, and elsewhere?

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I enjoyed your podcast immensely and would love to see more of them! Do you have any couture-technique instructional videos?

7. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Maggie, yes, thank you for sharing it.

The books I wrote for Taunton (Threads) that focus on Chanel have a dvd. There is a single DVD on Designer Trims. (It's different from the book and has twice as many trims. ) I can find the links if you want them.

ThreadsMagazineOnline has some, perhaps all, of the chapters from Couture Basics. Here is the link:
    https://www.threadsmagazine.com/vid...chniques-workshop-basics-with-claire-shaeffer

The picture is one of my 2 Erte's.

I made both of the dresses. The red dress is a copy of a couture. The black dress was a Bellville Sassoon wedding gown pattern. The little bolero has applique seams like you would make on lace to avoid disrupting the embroidery pattern. This is not a well-known couture technique, but one I learned in school.

I only made DVDs for Threads/Taunton and one that David Coffin recorded. I'm not comfortable with the camera so I don't have a lot of videos.

I have a few of David's CD's which have a small defect. They focus on my Chanel Collection 10 yrs. ago. The CD is a computer program and is somewhat complex but allows you to look at lots of photos. We cut some, but when I wanted to cut more David's response was that he just loved looking at them. If anyone wants one, the CD is free--just shipping.

There are 2 problems with new recordings or podcasts. I don't know how to organize and I hate selling. I have a wealth of info for them.

denisebrain likes this.