1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

silk shirt with ivory? buttons?!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by emilyanneweber, Nov 19, 2019.

1. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

I posted this before but am still so unsure of it's age, I was told the photos didn't help so here are some newer (hopefully better) ones. I'm pretty positive it's silk, it has a tie at each cuff. open front, no closure besides at the neck. fairly high neck, as well. I can't help but think it's pre-30's, as I don't see much from then with such a high neck but could definitely be wrong. all of it is hand stitched, the thread color kind of varies all over the top.

hopefully I can date this piece and get it listed, I've had it for quite a while because I have no idea what it is! haha.

thank you guys!

Attached Files:

2. Are there any darts? And it may button up at the back of the neck and have the back open.
    It looks like an over blouse.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

There are really high buttoned necks trimmed with buttons like that c. 1914-16, The buttons are probably shell.

emilyanneweber and Vinclothes like this.
  4. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

nope, none at all! that's what I was thinking as well, but it's pretty flat on both sides!

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Yes, as Jonathan has said, I can see a sort of WWI era Russian influence in this garment.

emilyanneweber likes this.
  6. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Do you have any close-ups of the buttons?