1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sisters from the Victorian Era

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Nov 10, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I thought this image collection of girls and women wearing garments from similar fabrics from "Vintage Everyday" on www.vintag.es was amazing on many levels (although I think there's one set of brothers in there...) - quite a few neat images.

Sisters in Matching Dresses From the Victorian Era (18).jpg Sisters in Matching Dresses From the Victorian Era (11).jpg Sisters in Matching Dresses From the Victorian Era (4).jpg

2. I enjoyed looking through those photos, thanks for posting!

Might as well add a photo of my grandmother (on left) and her sister, ca. 1905:

irenaalina1905.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Such a charming photo, Donna!

Thanks for sharing that collection of images, Amanda!

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  4. Very enjoyable. I especially like the jewelry on the very young girls.
    And this photo, with the unusual hair decorations from the 1860s

[​IMG]

5. Donna, your Grandmother and her sister were beautiful children! Your family photo is a treasure for generations to come. And, in the 2nd photo of Amanda's post, the girl on the left is holding something in her hand( a small square object).....I wonder what it was? At first I thought it might have been an image of a loved one, but you can't see an image. It could be a gutta percha case that's closed with an image inside. I always wonder about the things that were photo'd with the subjects and the importance that they held in their lives. I love images of people from the past. Even when we don't know who they are, it's like they live on in some small way.

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

:oops: (Had to look up gutta percha to double check.) - Yes, I thought it was probably a photo of someone dear to the two sisters - probably someone who had "passed", but they wanted her to be included in the photograph somehow.

And Donna - what an adorable photograph of your grandmother and great aunt.