1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Media and Vintage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by debutanteclothing, Aug 8, 2011.

1. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

I just got back from a very inspiring blogger conference called BlogHer. I am thinking, seriously this time, about offering some vintage specific social media and blogging workshops.

I was wondering if anyone would like to participate in this very quick (3 minutes or less) survey to get a feel for your feeling about social media and blogging for vintage businesses.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...mkey=dGQ4Q2xCb2oyWFBoSGYtdVNvR3NSdmc6MQ#gid=0

Thanks!

Sandra

2. debutanteclothing

Thanks everyone!
    Already receiving some responses!!

3. great idea! just did the survey. i think it took 30 seconds...hope it helps.

4. debutanteclothing

Excellent! Good. I glad it was fast and easy.

5. great idea! survey completed

Nicole

6. debutanteclothing

I'm so glad you all like the idea. Feel free to spread the word. I have FB'd it and Tweeted.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

8. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

9. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

I have filled in your survey, it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Personally I spend a lot of time on F/B if I think some one selling something via F/B I kick them off very quickly as they tend to fill my page up with stuff I not interested in buying or seeing at all.
    A few trade member here are on my F/B page these ladies do not try and sell that way with F/B , links to there shop are good etc.

Social networks are good for meeting people around the world who you would not normally meet , it a let down in a local way as I only found one lady on Face book who withing 10 miles of me and is interested in vintage fashions that's out of a population of about 100,000 people.

I feel that's more down to people not really knowing how to use it effectivly to network than any thing so new idea I think are always interesting .

10. debutanteclothing

The feedback has been very insightful - be prepared to see some apparently much needed workshops!!

11. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Completed your survey. Looking forward to hearing more about your workshops.

12. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

13. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member