1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spare Dollar vs. Cut/Paste HTML

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by debutanteclothing, Feb 2, 2005.

1. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Hi there. I noticed many folks use spare dollar for eBay listings. I tried to copy and paste my html from my babylon store and all the links are broken??? should I not be doing this? I liked spare dollar a lot. Should I use spare dollar instead?
    Sandra

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Pictures from babylon mall don't work on ebay, and they don't work on yahoo auctions either. I am not sure what the techie reason is. Ebay may have a filter that weeds out photohosting from a selling site, etc. I did use html from the mall to ask a question on the ebay historical board about something once, and the photo was in the message, but was then gone.

I use the basic inkfrog package for any additiona photo hosting needs i have and have been very happy with it. it is not free, but it has been very reliable. They have a 2 week free trial if you want to try it out. Sometimes you can also host photos from your own webspace, but I am not quite there yet.

Chris

3. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hi Sandra. I use Sparedollar and use the photos for questions here by using cut and paste. I only use them for ebay and VFG, though........

Gail

4. debutanteclothing

Well, i was thinking of going with spare dollar because they have all the bells and whistles you need for eBay. I wasnt something quick and easy to so I can list stuff.
    Sandra

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

A lot of people use sparedollar and are happy with it too. stuff hosted on the mall site just does't work on ebay :(

6. debutanteclothing