1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaking of Gunne, if you were me......

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by schoolsgirl, Mar 21, 2004.

1. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

what would you start this one at?
    would you put a reserve on it?
    all suggestions most welcome!
    thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I think I'd list it under wedding dresses as well as vintage. It is just so pretty and ultra Gunne.

I'm really out of touch with Gunne prices, but this should be very desirable. I'd consider a reserve.

Lizzie

3. Seconding double-listing to include it in wedding gowns!

Whoa! I don't think I've ever seen a prettier Gunne, Liz. They seem to be flaky on sales, ranging from languishing at $9.99 to going over $200, but this one really looks exceptional. I had a similarly-styled, home-fashioned, not-nearly-so-detailed, mostly-polyester, 70s wedding gown go pretty easily, and with lots of inquiries, for the $49.99 opener, last spring. You've got the older, Gunne label, too! I'm 'challenged' at starting low and using reserves, so I'd start it at a minimum of $50.00. ...hoping the reserves-savvy will help with a more functional suggestion. :)

Steph

4. I must agree that this is an exceptional Gunne!! From what I have seen the size has an awful lot to do with the ending price, so I am hoping yours is a good size (not like the size 4's I find!!).

The market for GS doesn't seem that great right now. If I were you, I may hang onto this until the romantic look comes back. Just my 2 cents though. Will be curious to hear others opinions!!

Bonnie

5. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

Liz, that is an exceptional Gunne. I second the motion to double list in wedding dresses. I had a Gunne which was nearly identical about a year ago. I did a featured auction on it and, I believe, it sold for over 150.00. The only difference I can see between our dresses is that mine had blue threading on the arms. Good luck!
    joey

6. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

another vote here for wedding! Very romantic!

7. schoolsgirl

hi and thank you for your words of wisdom, I was checking out the completed auctions but I didnt see any like this one. I did see some exceptional ones going for 70. the most, hmmm...but they were not bridal types like this one, they were mostly the ren type (double hmmm)

gosh I wonder if ladies are shopping for bridals now, I think Steph told me that brides do shop at this time of year, and I was sort of hoping that vintie brides would love to own something like this

(triple hmmm) I just dont want it to sell for a measly 50. because I will cry

8. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Liz, I would start this at $69.99 or $79.99 (no reserve) as I think they really do deter people. Agree about listing in two categories.

This is just gorgeous! This may be too late for a Spring wedding, but
    for Fall it would be perfect!

sue

9. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Liz Yes gals are looking for thier bridal gowns. Even if not a June wedding, they will be looking for later months weddings now. And I think this is perfect for an Aug or Sept wedding.
    So list it now and they will be buying!

10. schoolsgirl

honestly, do you think I should just hold on and list it for next spring instead?

and what is a good time to list for spring? I thought I was doing good by listing now for spring, I guess I was wrong

11. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

List it now And my daughter in law to be has picked her gown for the June wedding she thought she wanted real plain but ended up getting a very romantic lacey gown .

12. schoolsgirl

ok, Im going to close my eyes and take the plunge/list it

thank you for the encouragement ladies!

13. schoolsgirl

Yikes!! is anyone having trouble seeing my photos in my auctions?
    Please let me know, they look fine to me but if someone else cant see them I'll have to contact my webmaster

thanks!

14. Your pics are there and look really lovely Liz. Good luck on these two gorgeous auctions!!

Bonnie

15. schoolsgirl

thanks Bonnie, you are so sweet! I know Im aiming a tad high :)

I received a message someone was having a problem viewing my photos, that's why I posted *wiping brow*