1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaking of Ties.......

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bartondoll, Apr 9, 2004.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I have quite a lot of vintage ties, some in great
    condition, some in not so great (i.e. stains). Most of the ones that need a cleaning are from the 40s.....does anyone
    know how to clean these?

Any hints/tips, etc would be most appreciated.

Sue

2. I've had great success just using the dry-cleaning solution that comes with Dryel/home-dry-cleaning kits. Do they sell Dryel in your neck of the woods?

Steph

3. ...and, oops, p.s.... I'd be afraid to even hand wash them, as they tend to seem so delicately-closed on the backs and to, sometimes, have such odd, unfinished linings.

4. I took a couple to the cleaners and they turned out beautifully. One of them was a Dali which had some nasty spots, but I figured I would rather offer a great looking one, than a dirty one. My cleaners charged $4 a tie.

Also, from the buyers perspective, they will know what condition they are buying. So if the stains didn't come out with cleaning, they aren't coming out at all.