1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sputnik Haori

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, May 16, 2014.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2020
  2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Your haori is fabulous, and I love the ingenious way you've come up with to wear your outer space pins and charms!

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Really wonderful--you've made your passion for space exploration into a statement bracelet! (But what do you do with any additional pins you find? Is the bracelet still "growing"?:hysterical:)

5. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

:hysterical:

That is one of the coolest charms I've ever seen...

6. Wow, that an amazing charm!!

7. zilchist

zilchist Registered Guest

Hello Linda,
    I remember i have read the book "forties fashion" that there is a chapter introducing Japanese clothing with all kinds of military element, you know, plane, the well-equipped soldiers.... I think it's so funny when i saw it, the pattern is such a indicator of that era, like wartime. Your HAORI with satellite pattern is amazing owing to your specialized hobby, so cool. BTW, I post two pictures of the haori I just mentioned in that book, cute too. IMG_20140519_160702.jpg
    IMG_20140519_160645.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Your Haori is amazing - and what a great idea about your use of the old Russian space badges! They remind me of USSR stamps - I used to collect stamps and for a while I swapped stamps with a guy in Russia. I've since sold off most of my collection, keeping just one album with the most special and unusual stamps (and unusual/not anymore existing countries). I have tons of space stamps from the USSR, it seems they printed a series for every mission they sent up there. I probably have a few stamps that refer to the missions your badges refer to :). I might just have to dig this thing up again - last time I did I realised that some of the Czech stamps I had were actually designed by Alphonse Mucha - after looking at them for years and never realising!

9. Metro Retro Vintage

I would love to see these!

10. Midge

Here are the USSR space stamps:
    stamps1.jpg stamps2.jpg

And for Laura - the stamps designed by Mucha, and a modern one commemorating another one of his stamp designs: stamps3.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  11. Metro Retro Vintage

Thank you for showing the stamps Karin. I used to collect stamps and I'm a Mucha fan, so the combination is wonderful for me to see! :)

12. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Every time I read the title of this thread 'Sputnik Haori' I can't help but think of some New Wave EMO band from the 80s...

jauntyrooster likes this.
  13. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Are you in Canada?

14. Midge

15. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President