St John Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Label Q & A' started by dreamskape, Jul 31, 2017.

1. dreamskape

dreamskape Registered Guest

I found a women's St. John polyamide jacket with this label. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I have never seen this label before. Thank you.

Label.JPG

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. Circa Vintage

Circa Vintage Trade Member

Unable to view the image, dreamscape. It says "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting".

If you have the image downloaded to your computer, you can upload it here by clicking on the "upload a file" button at the bottom of your post. There are also threads in the forum that provide step by step instructions on loading images if you need further assistance.

3. dreamskape

IMG_6586.JPG

Sorry .. here is the label.

4. Circa Vintage

Thank you. I'd call that a logo or branding rather than a label and it might be associated with the St John brand. See here in the LR. It doesn't include the logo you have, but the label resource focuses on labels not logos. Or it could be for a school uniform. There are plenty of St John's schools.

What did you want to know about it dreamskape? If you're seeking a date for the garment, can you please post photos of the jacket and all labels (care, fabric content etc). Polyamide is a modern material so that suggests it's of recent origin.

5. dreamskape

Thank you for the information. I did not even think of it being a logo rather than a label. I do have a picture of the jacket..

IMG_6573.JPG

6. dreamskape

It is a bit wrinkled and has not been cleaned yet. At this point I am just trying to determine who the maker is.

7. Circa Vintage

Thank you: where does the logo appear? Are there any other labels? There might be some down the side seams. Are there shoulder pads? Polyamide is a synthetic, a type of polyester so it shouldn't need much pressing. It looks fairly modern but it would be helpful to have more information so the date can be narrowed down. It's a classic style so doesn't reveal many clues.

8. dreamskape

The logo is on the inside back of the jacket... where most logo/labels are found. The only other tags is a small fabric tag on the inside side seam. No shoulder pads.

Attached Files:

9. dreamskape

The closure is somewhat unique.. no buttons.. but a twist closure. These are down the front, on the cuffs and pockets as well.

Attached Files:

10. Circa Vintage

It's a modern jacket. I can't tell you any more than that, but perhaps others might know.

11. dreamskape

Thank you.. you've helped me more than you know! btw.. LOVE the hair!