1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St Michael navy and white polka dot dress - dating label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Nansk, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Nansk

Nansk Registered Guest

Calling all St Michael aficionados! Please can you help me date this dress? IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0471.JPG IMG_0469.JPG I can not find this label anywhere online. There is no care label and no indication of where it was made which seems a little odd to me?? Thanks!

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

The label looks 1950s, maybe early 60s. I can't see enough of the dress to see if that's borne out.

Nansk likes this.
  3. Nansk

Nansk Registered Guest

Thanks for the response, the camera on my phone is pretty hopeless! I have had a look at the M&S archive and I think that the dress is, as you suggested, from around the mid to late 50's but I would still be interested to see if anyone else has encountered this label before.

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

M&S seem to have made so many labels. I have seen that logo style on a label, but not that particular label.

Nansk likes this.
  5. CaptMicha

CaptMicha Registered Guest

Oh so cute! Just had to say that.

Nansk likes this.
  6. Nansk

Nansk Registered Guest

I fell for it but made the HUGE mistake of not trying it as I was in a rush - although it is labelled a 16 it is more like a 12, and I am a 14 :(

CaptMicha likes this.
  7. CaptMicha

CaptMicha Registered Guest

No big, sell it and use the $ to buy something you like better. ;)

Unless it has enough area to take it out?