1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stain removal & fabric care

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by nolly, Jun 12, 2006.

1. nolly

nolly Registered Guest

hello, I am brand new here
    I was wondering if anyone has a tip on removing water stains, I have heard if you hold it over a kettle steaming and rub, it should help, but tried that with no avail
    thanks anyone.
    If anyone ever needs help with removing marks and care of fabrics please ask, I might be able to swop tips.

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I have had luck fighting water with water. Wash the entire garment in water and a lot of times that evens it out and takes care of it, but check the fabric type.

You might find it helpful to go into the workshop forum and look for the care and cleaning workshop that was given by Hollis (pastperfect2)..it will probably answer many of your questions

Chris

3. nolly

nolly Registered Guest

Thanks will check that out, I am new here so have not walked outside these boxes yet!!!
    I have had a few problems in past when I have washed items completely it seems where water last dries it leaves a yellowish mark, I have had that happen mostly on Whites
    will go venture now!

4. nolly

nolly Registered Guest

can you tell me where to locate that workshop please , i cannot seem to find it
    thanks

5. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President