1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuart Weitzman Help!!!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Cecilia Monge, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Cecilia Monge

Cecilia Monge Registered Guest

I found these gorgeous Stuart Weitzman gold mesh heels at a local thrift store and I am so excited about this find! This pair is labeled "Stuart Weitzman for Mr. Seymour" which after some research I found that this was his parent label thus making the shoes potentially older but I also fear that based on how much other people are selling his shoes for that it also cheapens the value of the shoe. I am however new at this and do not know how to determine when the shoe was originally fabricated. I also need to get the heel repaired but do not want to do so until I know the value of the shoe. Can someone please help me figure out what year it was made and most importantly the value of the shoe? Thank you!
    IMG_8737.JPG IMG_8738.JPG IMG_8740.JPG

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

VFG doesn't appraise items but you can find many comparable to determine pricing by searching "Stuart Weitzman for Mr. Seymour." I believe these are 1980s, around 1980-very early1980s but someone like Jonathan will come around, I'm sure.

I can't read the upside down picture of the sole... where is the shoe made?

Cecilia Monge likes this.
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Mr. Seymour is actually the name of the shoe company his father founded. Stuart took over Mr. Seymour in 1965, sold Mr. Seymour to a larger company in 1971, which took production from the U.S. to Spain. Stuart continued to design for Mr. Seymour, and created a evening wear line called "Stuart Weitzman for Mr. Seymour". In 1986 Stuart, who was becoming well known as a shoe designer, bought back Mr. Seymour and renamed the company Stuart Weitzman and Co., Your shoes are c 1985-86 because of the bow on the back of the heel.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

helloemoti

5. Cecilia Monge

Cecilia Monge Registered Guest

Thank you so so much for your help! This is such a big help! I really appreciate it

6. Rhian Ferrer

Rhian Ferrer Registered Guest

I have a black pair of heels I recently came across.