1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Submit Labels for the Label Resource Here** 2018 - CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by pinky-a-gogo, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintagevixen

vintagevixen VFG Member

Here's a Betty Barclay label that's a bit earlier than the others collected thus far, from a late 1940s New Look two-piece dress.

denisebrain likes this.
  2. vintagevixen

vintagevixen VFG Member

Minx Modes label, quite similar to what's already there, just a different text color. This one's from a mid 1950s summer dress. A relative of Minx Modes once called me and discussed the label history a bit. I believe it was a grandson or nephew of the original owner. The only thing I can remember was that he tried to resurrect the label in the mid-1990s, and told me it was the hardest thing ever to create a collection of dresses. He was operating in NYC area at the time, and only produced for 2-3 years before giving up the idea.

denisebrain likes this.
  3. vintagevixen

vintagevixen VFG Member

A Mr. Blackwell label, a bit different than those in his profile. This one's from an early 1970s evening gown.

denisebrain likes this.
  4. Luckysparrow

Luckysparrow Alumni

From an early 90s Valentino skirt suit.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2018
    denisebrain likes this.
  5. vintagevixen

vintagevixen VFG Member

A Gossard Artemis packaging sticker for 1960s "fit-together scuffs" sold with a matching nightgown.

6. vintagevixen

vintagevixen VFG Member

A label I've only seen once... "Trash Clothing" from the late 1980s or early 90s, from a denim jacket & jean set.

7. vintagevixen

vintagevixen VFG Member

From a 1960s Sarmi silk cocktail dress.

8. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

hello--I sent you a reponse in convo--thanks!

9. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

'The White House' label From a 1980's jacket

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2018
  10. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

1968 Bespoke evening dress by Marguery Bolhagen retailed at Bergdorf Goodman.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2018
  11. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

1950's Fira Benenson Strapless Silk Taffeta Cocktail / Evening Dress with Lord & Taylor retailer's label.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2018
  12. Janilyn

Janilyn Registered Guest

13. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Hi there. I would like to submit this Arrow label on behalf of my friend at sunnyhomevintage (on eBay). It's Mid 1950s and from a pair of mens slacks. Thanks!

14. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Another to submit on behalf of my friend, sunnyhomevintage (on eBay). This one is a unique Catalina one and, I believe, approx. early1940s because of the 'a California Creators' on the bottom of the label. It was on a mens vest.

15. The Vintage Hat Box

The Vintage Hat Box Registered Guest

A Jay Thorpe label from a late 1940/50's wide brim hat.

16. The Vintage Hat Box

The Vintage Hat Box Registered Guest

A Leon Lane Originators label on a late 1940's wide brim hat. I have not been able to find any information on this label.

17. 80s Mondi winter outfit, skirt and jacket.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
  18. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Miss Cane was described to be a designer in 1955 who was new to the crowded canyons of the New York garment’s center and created excitement in the marts of fashion.

From a 50s's Miss Cane New York dress

misscane50slabel.JPG

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  19. Chanel Autumn 2000 sweater with mother of pearl CC square:

Desktop22.jpg

4526251264_2f5b8a4676_o.jpg

20. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Halle Brothers Co., also known as Halle's was was a high end department store that opened its flagship store in Cleveland in 1891. They sold everything from fashion, fragrances, and cosmetics to homewares, furnishings, electronics, and toys and closed its doors in 1982.

The Halle Bros. Co. from a 1960s Toque Hat.
    hallebrosco.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.