1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superfun Lilli Ann 60's coat with bad pit stains

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Melonie, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Melonie

Melonie Registered Guest

Help... Do you think dry cleaning will be able to get out stains? They are only on the inside. Not sure if it would be better to replace the lining or leave as is since they cannot be seen on the outside. Also I have only recently discovered the Lilli Ann did suits.. or outfits with matching capes etc. Do you think this likely came with a dress or pants or something? Thank you for any insight!

Attached Files:

2. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Do you plan to wear or sell the coat? You could cover them with underarm shields.

GemGem likes this.
  3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

in my experience dry cleaning never cleans the sweat stains. couple of options here. remove the lining, clean it yourself, sew it back inside. i've seen ppl do that with vintage moschino linings. Like Claire said - you can also just cover the stains.

GemGem and Retro Ruth like this.
  4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I personally wouldn’t touch them as they are not visible from the outside. It did most likely have a dress to go with it. Most of them did.
    It would have been something similar to this
    https://images.app.goo.gl/3fQmWiEEQhqJZZgR6

GemGem, Distantdetails, Midge and 2 others like this.
  5. Melonie

Melonie Registered Guest

You guys are awesome! I think I will just leave them alone!!

GemGem and Midge like this.
  6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I agree with Victoria/Vintagiality - disclose, with photo, and emphasize that there is no odor and it is not visible during wear.

7. Melonie

Melonie Registered Guest

Hello people!! I came back to say i sat on the coat for minths and then took it to cleaners and OMG!! They did amazing!! They had it for about two weeks.. But did cinfirm it is leather trim... They got the collar stains out and the really bad pit stains. They worked a miracle!!

Attached Files:

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member