1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Sutin Creation de Paris' feather trimmed cocktail dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Love this dress, but haven't been able to find anything out about the maker: Sutin. I did run the name through google.fr but with no success. I wonder if anyone can tell me the significance of 'creation de Paris' I know what it 'means' but did any maker put this on their label for provinence or is there another reason? the label underneath just recommends dry cleaning.
    I thought this had a 60's vibe but the label's quite timeless so maybe more modern. It's certainly well made, with a seperate slip sewn at the waist and attatched with lingerie straps at the shoulders, opening with a zip centreback, the 'overlay' is in two parts front and back seperate up to the waist, the sleeves are slightly batwing shape, it's hard to tell where they begin really, they fasten at the wrists with two covered buttons and thread loops. The overlay secures with 5 or 6 hook and eyes with a matching fabric bow at the back. The feathers just need a little sprucing up, they're all present but slightly 'flat' in places, would a dry cleaner be able to bring these to life or is it better not to touch them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]