1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"SUZ HAND EMBROIDERY" label - Has anyone seen one before?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Rebecca McNamara, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Rebecca McNamara

Rebecca McNamara Registered Guest

Hello! Has anyone seen this (or a similar) label before? It reads: "SUZ / HAND EMBROIDERY / 100% PURE SILK / MADE IN INDIA / DRY CLEAN ONLY" and is on a 1980s dress by Halston owned by the Indianapolis Museum of Art (acc. no. 1986.321A-C). I have come across a few other vintage dresses online with this label, but no explanation of what it means. I did not find it on the label resource, either. It clearly refers to a beading/embroidery business in India, but more information could help with dating and even provide a better understanding the production methods of Halston and other designers on whose garments this label is found. Please let me know if the name rings any bells for you, and I'll be happy to update the thread (and the label resource) if I do indeed find more information as well!
    PS_1986-321a_d01.JPG