1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swan and crown jewellery mark - any ideas?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TinTrunk, Oct 27, 2009.

1. TinTrunk

TinTrunk Registered Guest

I'm back from my short birthday break, and this (1960s?) brooch was one of my finds:

[​IMG]

It looks like the kind of button you'd press to call a lift :)

It has a mark on the back of a swan with a crown:

[​IMG]

I've tried looking up the mark and discovered that Lang used a swan with a crown for their sterling jewellery (this brooch definitely isn't silver!) and Swarovski used a swan after 1988. But it doesn't look like either of the examples I've seen.

Does anyone recognise it? Thanks in advance!

2. TinTrunk

I'm either so stupid that I've missed something terribly obvious (like it IS a Lang) and no-one's got the heart to tell me.

Or I've stunned everyone into silence! :lol:

3. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

SWAROVSKI!!:wub::wub:

4. TinTrunk

Yay! Thanks BijouVintage!! :clapping:

And I am officially a dufus!

It just looked nothing like the kind of style I'd associate with Swarovski (where's the sparkly stuff?!) so I dismissed that right away.

I've got so much to learn! :embaressed:

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

6. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

oh I see what you mean Linn the swan is reversed.. it is possibly someone trying to look like swarovski?

All the jewelry marks I could find with a swan were swarovski

7. TinTrunk

Linn, your first link is the one I checked for the Swarovski mark - that is such a brilliant resource.

But I'd love to know if you think this brooch is 1960s? Or possibly later? It has a very minimalist, modern style.

It could possibly be an obscure UK company, since that's where I found it. And I know its probably not worth much, especially since I noticed one side has a prominent dent in it!

Fortunately that's really not noticeable in wear, which is what I'm going to do with it. :)

Sarah