1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take One Skirt . . . . .

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by catwalkcreative, Sep 10, 2010.

1. I've been playing around with this simple, pleated wool skirt by Jaeger and came up with a few 'lady-like' outfits. I'm loving the green/black colour combination but which one do you prefer? It's interesting to see how many outfits you can build around one skirt. Hope you like them too. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Quick reaction - Second series - third from the LEFT. Are those buttons down the side? Nice 40's feel to that look.

3. Thanks Amanda. Yes, the skirt has buttons fastening on the left with hook fastener at the top. I agree with the 40's look too. :)

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

the one with the top w/black collar and cuffs!

(uhm, Amanda, did you mean third TO the right?? or third from the left?? by any chance??? :P )

that one best shows those buttons, too!

i DO love it w/the green coat, too. what a great way to show a skirt's versatility!!

5. Thanks Mary. It's been fun dressing Stella up today. :cats:

6. joules

joules VFG Member

I think this is brilliant! It really shows what one can do with vintage, to get some great wardrobe looks. Well done, Louise.

7. Thanks Julie! :USETHUMBUP:

Here's another set this time using a Welsh wool tapestry waistcoat.

[​IMG]

8. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

louise, what fun!

i too especially like the 40s-styled shot with the top with the black-trimmed collar and cuffs. am also loving the welsh vest with the trousers and black scarf :)

(coincidentally, i just shot something yesterday with a scarf tied the same way.)

9. Thanks Joan. I love that 50's style sweater too. The cropped style goes nicely with the skirt. It makes the lower half of the body look long and slim. I love clothes that do that. :)

10. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Great idea - and I agree on the favorite look as well :spin: . And I like the waistcoat with the trousers too.

Karin

11. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Very clever, Louise! I do like the one everyone else does, but my favorite is the next one over, the red-print blouse with the wide belt. It is a bit more "unexpected" than the one next to it, and, for me, would be much more of a flattering look.

12. Wow~! What a great idea Louise! I love the 40's look one too!

13. Thanks so much. :) I had a fun afternoon dressing my manni in different outfits. It was like playing dress up with a very large doll! I've placed a few of these sets on the new website. I'm hoping it will help visitors see how easily vintage separates can be mixed-up to achieve whatever look you're aiming for. The waistcoat is a good example of two completely different looks using the same colour combination.