1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tammis Keefe Scarf - Added Another Question...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by thevintagebungalow, May 1, 2008.

1. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

I picked up this scarf at a recent estate. I don't know much about them but have been picking up any that have a signature. This one is very pretty and signed Tammis Keefe. The only problem is it has some black dots on it. They may be ink or something. Should I dry clean or sell as is??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

3. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

If it is cotton and you suspect it is just dirt then go ahead and do a soap and water clean but if indeed they are old ink stains it would be dufficult to remove them.
    If it is silk I would sell as is.

I sold a Tammis Keefe blouse at the Manhattan show this last time. It's the only one I have ever seen. If I recall it was a Hathaway and Keefe did the fabric design. A white background with abstract "ink" drawings of horses. I should have photographed it but there was no time!

Keefe graphics are always wonderful.

Melody

4. thevintagebungalow

Sorry I didn't specify the fabric. It is silk with hand rolled/stitched edges and it is about 12 1/2" square.

5. thevintagebungalow

So....even though it is silk, would the size make this a hankie and not a scarf. I think it's actually closer to 14" square, my tape measure is upstairs and everytime I go up there I forget to bring it down! :icon_wall:

6. thevintagebungalow

Okay, my measuring guesses were really bad. It measures 16 1/2" square. So same question, is this considered a scarf or hankie?? Also, would this be a good candidate for an ebay auction or would you put it on Ruby Lane??

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that is SUCH a great print, i'd probably list it on RLane (for the listing/rank credit) then send it to auction...it may fly with such a super summer print and colorway

8. I am so hooked on my "tide to go"

Its a stick, and not a pre-treater, it actually removes the spot!

They are like magic markers, and remove stains. When the application dries, the spot is gone, but there's a brief few minutes of panic when you first use one, as it does stay wet for a while.

I had a brown stain, coke, or perhaps coffee on a 60s polyester romper and the spot came right out after all these years! they are amazing.

I would try it on one of the small spots in an obscure area to make sure it works, or perhaps on the backside. and if so then do the rest. I hate washing silk, so this may work.

They are around $2 at Walmart in the laundry isle. I'm such a freak, i have one by the computer to use if i notice a spot while listing, another by the washer and one in my purse. they truly are a miracle.

von

9. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

Wow! I'll have to try that Tide to Go stick. I've never used one. I love new cleaning tricks!!

Melody