1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you for everyone's help and update on my small purse collection

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by paige, Sep 23, 2015.

1. paige

paige Registered Guest

Hey just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the site for all the help and advice I wanted to show everyone how much my collection of purses and accessories has grown. 20150729_203951.jpg 20150923_225959.jpg IMG_20150923_212950.jpg IMG_20150828_001634.jpg IMG_20150826_145435.jpg IMG_20150826_150507.jpg IMG_20150908_212004.jpg 20150920_231037.jpg most is 1950-1970
    First picture is the original I posted the second is the current collection (with my halloween earring bug...I like halloween a little to much)
    Third is my grandmas personal purse from the 50's she told me. it has a handle strap on the back
    The fourth is a working wind up enamel watch
    5th is just some random earrings I found that I liked and the lonely pretty ones without a match
    6th are a few of the scarves I've found
    Next is one of my favorites a lucite purse (anyone know how to fix the clasp it's a little loose)
    The bottom is just a few more pretty earings I found they say "sarah Coventry patent pending on the back" the big round ones I found a source say 1961.

Well again thank you all for the advice, encouragement and tools to expand at a wallet friendly rate =) =)

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Great collection. Those earrings are interesting... I see old coins dangling from those earrings, and some of them are Swiss coins that have been out of use for quite a while.

paige likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Thanks for sharing...you have quite the collection going there!!!

paige likes this.
  4. paige

paige Registered Guest

Thank you I find 90% at thrift stores and garage sales. That is awesome i assumed they were all Canadian because of the center one. The dates in the coins are 1957 and 1954. I love old clip on earings. Here's a closer look =) thank you to everyone again =)

Attached Files:

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the left and right ones that say Helvetia are Swiss one cent ("Rappen") coins. I just had a look - officially they were actually usable until 2006 - in reality, people did not use them anymore since the late 70s though. Growing up in the 80s I only remember them as a curiosity.