The british statue of Liberty

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Pinkcoke, Aug 19, 2015.

  1. Pinkcoke

    Pinkcoke Trade Member

    The Leicester based Lennards shoe factory apparantly changed their name to Liberty shoes after a visit to New York in 1920, and built a 'minature' outside the factory, such was their admiration.
    After the factory was demolished in 2005 the statue was relocated unfortunately there is no plaque to explain it's origins.
    http://www.le.ac.uk/emoha/leicester/liberty.html
    [​IMG]
     
  2. poppysvintageclothing

    poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

  3. Never knew anything about this, Melanie....so interesting! Thanks for posting about the Little Miss Liberty who resides across the Pond.
     

Share This Page