1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the last thing from Victorian treasure box, shoes. Victorian shoes?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by maltby, Mar 25, 2018.

1. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

I assume so since so much stuff in here was old.

Any help with dating them or what the heck the style is called etc would be most appreciated as always

not in great shape, but still pretty fun IMG_7869.jpg IMG_7870.jpg IMG_7871.jpg

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Love the stitching at the lacings. I would say around 1910, let's see what others think about these.

Great haul!!!!

3. All they need are a little touch-up black shoe polish and new heel taps and they're ready to go. They don't look particularly tiny, are they?

ETA: take me with you next time you go treasure hunting, please ; )

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Prewar 1910s - sandal boots would be the common term for them then, aka tango boots.

5. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

they aren't that tiny! 8.5" toe to heel and almost 3" along the widest part. I'll be listing them I HOPE today along w these little cutes whose age I don't know, but came w the same lot.

Attached Files:

6. That last pair looks a little more recent, like 10s or 20s, but I'm no shoe maven.

maltby likes this.
  7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Nice shoes! Perhaps early 1930s? Can you show the side of the heel for us?

8. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I would put the last pair in the 1930s for sure - those bumpy aglets (shoelace/cord ends) are quite deco as is the decorative stitching on the vamp.

maltby and Jonathan like this.