1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The motherlode fell into my lap

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by TheVintagePeddler, Apr 26, 2004.

1. I got a call the other day from a lady that I bought several spectacular dresses from last year. Some of you may remember as I posted a ton of questions and pictures about them about this time last year. It's funny because when I purchased the dresses last year she told me that the 20 or so dresses that I bought were only the tip of the iceburg, so to speak, and that she would call me when she had time to sort through her storage rooms.
    What's funny is that I was going through my stock and still had a few of these dresses left that I was going to save for my website (which I have yet to have time to develope). So, I decided to go ahead and list them. Of course that got me thinking about this sweet lady and I started to wonder why she hadn't called me back.
    The very next day the phone rings and it's her! Am I still interested?!?
    I was there within the hour. Two van fulls later and more to come soon and I am up to my eyeballs in a mountain of spendor.
    Last year when we met her hubby was ill and sadly he passed shortly thereafter so that is why she had not called.
    Here are some that I have just listed:
    Teal Traina

[​IMG]
    Burke-Amey

[​IMG]
    Best & Company 5th Ave NY

[​IMG]
    Samuel Winston Gown

[​IMG]
    Calipso Skirt

[​IMG]
    Henri Bendel

[​IMG]
    Felix Abero

[​IMG]
    I am so excited! I'll post more later.

Marie:P

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

How weird it was that she called right after you were thinking about her!

But, how wonderful are these dresses and skirts! I remember the last load with that early Chloe', wasn't it?

I adore the blue roses, and I'm sure others will too, but I've never heard of the label.

I want to use that Samuel Winston on the label resource. I just can't wait to see the rest of them. I guess you'll have no trouble paying for the New Orleans trip now.;)

Lizzie

3. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. What everyone dreams of. I am speechless. Congratulations!!!!

4. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

Oh my gosh!!!!!! I was just laying down and having my favorite daydream....how someone calls and says they have a lot of old clothes etc...I get there and its the MOTHERLODE. How weird is this? I turn on the ocmputer and read that MY daydream actually happened to you!!!! Those are the most gorgeous dresses etc. Wow, maybe my daydream will come true, for me, someday. As for now, HOORAY for you!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D
    joey

5. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

You LUCKY Girl!!!!

Wow - my luck is that those kind of things only show up for me when I'm totally broke.

I could do with finding a few fab things to finance my trip to Nawlins, too!

I'm really happy for you & Can't Wait to see MORE!!!

6. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Of course I remember the ones from last year
    Those are the ones that sent you off to ebay Live!!
    I loved all of those too
    Can't wait to see the rest of these
    Karen

7. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

Oh wonderful for you....I know the feeling!:D

8. Lizzie,
    Yeah, that's right. The Chloe was one of the ones I sold from her collection last year.
    And Karen, you're right. They helped alot in financing my eBay live trip last year. Dang-you guys have good memories.:)
    It kinda freaked me out that she called shortly after I started to think about her. It certain strengthen my belief in telepathy.
    I just hope that I am not singing in the shower the next time you tune me in though, Joey. Ha.:P
    Marie

9. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

CONGRATULATIONS! WOWEE

10. Fabulous find! Those are gorgeous dresses and the condition looks outstanding. :)

--Kari

11. MemphisVintage

MemphisVintage VFG Member

Wow Marie!!!! That is a windfall!!! That is soooo weird that she called the next day. It just shows you that it was meant to be :)

Those dresses are wonderful - and to die for!! You lucky girl you! WoooHooo!

~ Marlene

12. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

Motherlode indeed!

13. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

:) :) :)

I smiled just reading the title of this thread - and man, you weren't kidding! Can't wait to see more, and I'm so happy for you ~

Carolyn

14. Andrea

Andrea Guest

Just wonderful Marie! And it couldn't have happened to a nicer gal! You go!!!~panda

15. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Marie...this is fantastic!! How exciting, and WOW on the one you have shown here. I love the Burke-Amy one and the Henri Bendel.....I want
    a motherlode! :)

Sue:)