1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The sweetest little sewing kit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I never got around to sharing this... one of my flea market finds from my trip to Vienna last year. Darling little faux leather kit marked "D-Zug-Begleiter" (companion for your intercity train journey) that folds out into the perfect little sewing kit. It even has perlon (nylon) thread in all the essential colors to darn your stockings with, and the "finest silk darning needles for for stockings and lingerie" by Prym. I guess this is from the 50s. I am going to keep it just because it is so sweet... and I wish I had a sewing kit this practical for my own trips! I do have one that I put together in what was actually a small manicure kit, but it's never as as good - or as pretty. Still, I never travel without it!

sewingkit1.jpg

sewingkit2.jpg sewingkit3.jpg
    sewingkit4.jpg

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that is one of the best little sewing kits I've seen, Karin! sweet!

3. It is the "sweetest", Karin, but then, I'm a sucker for anything plaid! Don't blame you at all for keeping it....I would, too!

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It is a charming sewing kit and really good to take along with you, especially as you do travel!!!