1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think pink! - neat vintage coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by DoubleSeahorse, Aug 6, 2004.

1. DoubleSeahorse

DoubleSeahorse Registered Guest

Picked this up at a yard sale a few weeks ago - the color just knocked me out! Black curly wool on the collar and cuffs, and the rest of it is this luxurious thick wool that's sort of like a plush bath towel in texture, only heavier. The tag, which I posted in labels, says the coat is 100% virgin wool. I just love that taffeta interior. Rather big for me, I will probably offer it up. Do you think the color will help it sell? Welcome change from black, black, and black I think.

[​IMG]

~Tiff~

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

OH Pink and black the prettiest combo in the world. That is gorgeous!

3. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Oh no, no one likes pink and black - you should just send it off to me for the cost of shipping. ;)

That is DIVINE, Tiff. Looks like curly persian lamb on the cuffs to me - simply stunning!

What's the size, you think??

4. WOW, that is a STUNNING coat!

I saw a pink, wool, vintage coat with black trim go for $300-ish, a couple months ago, on eBay. I quickly put up a plain pink one and watched it sell for $90-ish, via "Buy It Now," within minutes.

Ka-ching, ka-ching. :)

Steph

5. DoubleSeahorse

Wow, very encouraging responses so far. I'm generally a small-medium, and I'd guesstimate that this coat is a medium-large. Will get measurements whenever I get around to listing it. I thought that was called persian on the cuffs and collar, but wasn't sure. :) I'd date it 1950's, since its sleeves are a little poofy above the cuffs.

Thanks guys!

~Tiff~

6. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

I love it!

7. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Yummy coat Tiff!

Do you have a closeup of the fabric? Was wondering if it was a boucle or
    a poodlecloth - either one will generate even more interest in this.

Please let us know when you list - I also hear KA-CHING! KA-CHING!

8. For the love of PINK!!

Wow, that is some coat!! Good luck. I'll be watching!!

9. DoubleSeahorse

[​IMG]

There's a closeup of the fabric, as best as I could get it. Any thoughts? :)

Again, thanks for all the support, guys. I will definately let you know when this gets listed.

~Tiff~

10. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Tiff, that is poodle cloth!! Boucle is good......poodle cloth is better! (at least it used to be as far as sales on ebay went!).

Is the collar and cuffs faux fur? I agree with Justine, that they look like persian lamb.

Lovely!

Sue

11. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

WOOHOO pink and black AND poodle cloth!!! You've got a winner tiff!!!!!!! And, the size is an extra plus!!! I think you'll do very well!!! Gorgeous coat!
    joey

12. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

Ooooooooooh, pink and black poodle cloth!

13. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Ah, alas I'm more of an XL girl. But that medium to large is still a good size and shoot, like everyone else said - Pink & Black Poodle Cloth Coat = $$$!!

Let us know when you list it, I'd love to watch the bidding war! ;)

14. Now that is a Poodlelicious Pink Coat! I love it! What a great find, lucky you.

Tori