1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts about the word "Vintage" in titles

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by www.VintageGrace.com, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Thoughts about the word \"Vintage\" in titles

I am always waffling about the word 'Vintage' and whether to use it in my auction titles or not. It takes up so much space. Does anyone have any thoughts on if using this word in your titles is beneficial to your auctions? Do you think it makes a difference????

I am curious to hear other comments!

Cheers ~ Maureen

2. Maureen,
    I alway put it in my titles.
    Last statististics I got where that most people still search by keywords and not catagories so I feel it is worth it.
    Marie

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I agree with Marie. I don't sell much on eBay, but I've noticed that searches that found my VC-Mall store commonly have the word "vintage" in them.

Lizzie

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I know it may seem redundant. but people do searches for "vintage handbag" or "vintage purse" I hace seen VTG used too.

5. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

I do use Vintage in titles and my Sellathon stats show that Vintage is a highly searched keyword in clothing and jewelry.
    Karen

6. Well that settles it ladies. Thanks for the stats - I guess they don't lie! I think I better start sticking it back into my titles...fast!!!

Many thanks ~ Maureen

7. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Maureen, I'm the same as you. I hate using up those extra space
    in the title for "vintage" when I'm listing in the vintage category, but
    agree with the others - it is definitely searched.

Sue

8. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

9. Also, especially in jewelry, the word "estate" is a good keyword.