1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on selling a used wedding dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Apr 27, 2004.

1. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

2. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

That was a LOL if I ever saw one!
    The further I read the more I laughed.
    Thanks
    Karen

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

That is truly hilarious. Sent a link off to everyone I know!

4. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

I was cracking up...but I dont understand is the price REALLY that high??????

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

LOL....love a guy with a sense of humour...and this guy has it tenfold.

The price though, I think some of the bidders are playing games with him. - too bad cause the dress is actually very
    pretty, and I'd like to see him not get burned on this which in turn may cause him to burn IT.

Sue:)

6. cherry-pie-and-roses

This made the national news overnight so the hits have doubled...and probably brought weirdos out of the woodwork. Hope he's following up with the bidders & putting the fear of God in them - or knows that he can cancel suspicious ones - wouldn't they all be suspicious over the $1000 mark?

Brenda

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

this reminds me of the whole thedrunkensailor circus last year about the ^&%(*$ Beanie Babies and the following "certificate sale" afterwards. the thigns people come up with....that's what we all need, something outrageous to promote our auctions LOL

8. cherry-pie-and-roses

Hey, he's added a Pre-Approved Bidder requirement. Gotta ask permission to bid. Good idea.

That wasn't there from the beginning, was it? Maybe I didn't notice.

9. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

well..there are pages of retracted and cancelled bids. so maybe that is why.

10. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

The Pre-Approved Bidder wasn't there the 1st time I read it.
    It's an add on.