1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today's looks on yesterday's prices???

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Apr 14, 2004.

1. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Today\'s looks on yesterday\'s prices???

Yes, one can buy a new bag with that vintage look to the tune of multi-hundreds of dollars. Or one can buy real vintage at a tremendous savings. This Kate is $295; I've seen other designer wovens trimmed in leather upwards of $1,000.00. As much as I love my Kates, I'm sticking with the vintage NOS.

Brenda

[​IMG]

2. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

I agree! I just don't have $1000 sitting around to spend on a purse, it would be great if I did, but since I don't I like your solution.
    Plus you will really be unique with your purse.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

That's an excellent example of why buying vintage makes sense over wasting your money on overpriced designer goods.

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

well as the saying goes "Nothing is New Under the Sun." (you just pay more for it)

Chris

5. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Great example and I like the vintage one better! I can't see spending that much on a purse. With the way I like collecting purses I would be spending a million a year if all I bought was designer bags. ( actually I wouldn't have any bags at that price)

6. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Great example! Like Pauline, I also like the vintage one better. Thanks for posting this Brenda.

Sue

7. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Wow Brenda - that is a great picture. You should give that picture to Justine for the runway trends article she's working on. Pretty scary those prices!

Deb

8. What a neat idea. Reminds me of those pages in Marie Claire..Splurge or Steal..something like that. I like the vintie one better, too.:)

9. I like the second one better(cause it has $284.50 inside it)!:D

Marie

10. Bwah, Marie! Yep, it's "Splurge v. Steal" and Brenda's done it!

Steph