1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today's Photo Shoot

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by dorotheascloset, Jul 23, 2009.

1. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

Today\'s Photo Shoot

With my friend Emily, doing a mix of vintage w/ modern! Shots will be on my site soon.

Amazing striped & beaded Victorian bodice....

[​IMG]

Black label Gunne Sax....

[​IMG]

Another black label, unusual style for Gunne Sax.....

[​IMG]

20s chiffon w/ 70s hat

[​IMG]

60s dress w/ ruched band at hem.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

40s New Look suit jacket w/ skinny jeans & 60s hat....

[​IMG]

Some will be on the site, some on etsy (scarletbirdvintage) soon!

Ang

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

OMG, that 60s wide-brim structured HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dorotheascloset

Thanks guys! Isnt the hat incredible??? It came from a local theatre, consigned, I'm hanging onto it til my hats are in the Sept. Vogue w/ the site info (hoping it will send some good traffic to the website and people will be wanting hats!)

Ang

5. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

I love the 40s lime green top witht he Skinny Jeans very inspirational because I have held on to some 40s stuff and I want to wear it more casual and this is a PERFECT way to do it!!!! thanks for the idea!!!!

6. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

Also, I just can't believe Emily's bod. I swear, that girl is a toothpick! Look at her waist! What is it, about 18 inches?? (That measurement came to mind because it was the waist measurement of my grandmother's wedding dress.)

And I agree with Jluthye, the green jacket looks fabulous with the wondrous hat and skinny jeans.

7. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Ang - Absolutely amazing!! You ladies are my idols!

8. avamac

avamac Alumni

I swear, Ang, even your graffitti is to die for!!! Love the edgy combos...

9. dorotheascloset

Thanks & good morning!

MC, I'm not sure what size Emily is....I believe she wears a 0. She is naturally thin (I've seen her eat!), and often is the end of insults relating to her weight. Its been eye opening to hang out with someone as thin as the runway models we see and find that it *is* her natural body shape and that she is just as likely to be insulted over it as people who are heavier.

At any rate, she's a natural and a blast to work with and can wear nearly anything (thought that Vic bodice didn't want to stay shut!), which makes her a great candidate for vintage.

Ang

10. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Wow - gorgeous shots - I love the backgrounds, and your model is a natural.

I too like that bright jacket with the skinny jeans.

Nice work, as always!

Susan

11. Great pics! Love the jacket & skinny jeans combo!

12. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

My model/sister is laso naturally thin. She eats like a hoover, I tell you and is just naturally thin and keeps getting taller. She's now 5'8 and 105lbs. But she gets a lot of flack from people and although it's un-pc to make fun of fat people, it's like it's fine to make fun of skinny people.

Ang, great shots and I'm a huge fan of that jacket and skinny jeans together too. And that hat is AMAZING!

13. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Ang, the unusual Gunne Sax might be early. The original designer graduated from the same school I did and the designs were totally different from the Jessica McClintock approach. C

14. dorotheascloset

Thanks guys....Claire, its the black label so I assume very early. I thought it seemed very un-Jessica! Do you know who the designer was? I can dig around to see if I can find out.

Ang

15. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Ang, I'll try to find a newspaper clipping I have. C

16. dorotheascloset

Thanks. Hey, if you guys want to see her work (she does body painting) its <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bodybysvec.com>BODY BY SVEC</a> (warning, naked but painted ta-ta's!)

Lastly, I've been editing yesterday's pics today and I loooove how this one turned out!

[​IMG]

Ang

17. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

:wow: I'm holding my breath just thinking about it...

FABulous photos, Ang--the era combos, pieces, and poses (and your model!) are inspired and inspiring!