1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toni Owen for Lord and Taylor; Date?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Heather Maston, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Heather Maston

Heather Maston Registered Guest

Hello vintage community!
    I found this gorgeous dress recently at an estate sale in Manhattan. I am desperate to know roughly when it was made.
    Based on what I’ve found about Toni Owen, she was designing between the late 40’s and early 60’s, but I can’t seem to find when she designed for Lord and Taylor. I would so appreciate any help in dating this beauty! The hand stitching on the inner arm seams are very interesting! Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

How long is the dress? On the hanger it appears shorter, but on your model (you?) it looks longer. Perhaps you might be on the shorter side?

While I am not familiar with her work, the dress looks early 1960s to mid to me.

Classic lines, a real beauty.

3. Heather Maston

Hi Barbara! Thank you for your feedback :) The dress is 39” from shoulder to bottom hem. I’m only 5’2” so it falls about mid-calf on me.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think this is mid 1960s...

Heather Maston likes this.
  5. Heather Maston

Thank you!