1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too early for Autumn?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by catwalkcreative, Aug 9, 2013.

1. The weather's still great here in the UK, but I'm already thinking ahead to autumn wear. I love those cold, crisp mornings when the sun is still shining. It means I can get out my cosy knits and woollen suits and wear layers again! Yum!

Here's a fabulous suit I've just listed in my eBay shop and had to share. I think it's perfect for any season but will look great worn with boots and a woollen scarf this autumn. What do you think?

Made by Richards circa late 1970s, this versatile little number will make a stylish addition to any autumn/winter wardrobe. :)

[​IMG]

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I love this style Louise - I wear several of these 70's fitted jackets and longer skirts - they work really well as seperates I find, when you don't have something more formal to attend :) Your suit has quite a retro look too which is nice, I can see it being worn as 40's/50's style outfit.

catwalkcreative likes this.
  3. Thanks Melanie. :)

4. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Beautiful suit! I loved wearing this style in the 70's and I still do. Classic and figure flattering; a must have in any fall wardrobe!

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

That is a very nice suit Louise! It looks beautifully tailored and so perfect for Autumn!

6. Thanks so much ladies! :USETHUMBUP:

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

8. Thanks Karin. :)

9. bartondoll

bartondoll Trade Member

I had a suit, rust brown, almost identical to this that I wore with high boots
    in the 70s. The jacket I often wore with jeans and the same boots. Loved it.

No, I don't think it is too early for Autumn listings. Most of the stores here
    (Ontario) started clearing out their summer stuff several weeks ago and Fall items
    are shown prominently now.

Sue

10. Thanks Sue. If I could manage a couple of inches off my waist (she says hopefully!), I'd be keeping this little number. :drinking2:

11. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Love the suit Louise, it looks beautifully made too. :)

12. Thanks so much Gayle. :USETHUMBUP: