1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Trench) coat Burberrys authentification

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Banjou, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Banjou

Banjou Registered Guest

Hello everyone, I wanted some help on something.

I bought a coat, trench if you want, from a vintage site, two years ago, supposedly a Burberrys coat (so the old name of the brand).
    The thing is that it didn't coast me much (50€) and so I'm not sure if it's a real one or not, and maybe some among you might know it better than me.

So as you can see on the pics I'm adding to the post, he's really long (1m20 I think), one of the label looks older than the other but don't look like it was added after a rebuy or something, just like it was stitched with the clothe directly, the inside seems to be a real one, and there's a little number written by hand (with a blue pen 110 or 120 ? I'm not sure) which can be a serie number, or something else.

The things that trouble me the most are that there isn't any belts around the wrists and waist like the usual ones we see everywhere, and of course the really damaged label saying 33% coton 67% polyester, and I've seen most coats like this one being like 100% coton or wool, not this little part of coton, so I'm a bit worried.

Except all of that, it's a good coat, keeping me warm enough and good looking enough to me, so clearly doing it's job, but not entirely if it's a fake one. All the buttons are functional: one on the back to have the little section cutting the piece in half from the waist the to ankle, one to each pockets, 4 big to close it in the lenght, one to the neck and another one to the collar.
    And also, the pockets are basically two big pockets with each having an opening in the inside. So no interior pockets, the interior ones are the same as the exterior ones.

So thank you to anyone who can help me with this !

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Unfortunately, we don't authenticate here. Maybe contact Burberry's to get an authentication?