1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twiggy!! Finally!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by emmapeelpants, May 9, 2008.

1. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

I finally got me a Twiggy-labelled dress, which is a major woohoo in itself because they're SO rare and it was a glaring hole in my collection. Doesn't it look like a 5 year old's frock? But I guess that's Twiggy for you!

[​IMG]

But the biggest woohoo is that, when I was sorting out my image files on my computer, I found these photos of Miss Hornby.....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Unfortunately, it tells me that mine has had the sleeves lopped off at some point (and lo and behold, I found the handstitching when I went to look) - but honestly, I don't care. I have a Twiggy dress with a matching photo :D

2. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

Wow............wow.

Ang

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

:wow:

What a coup!

Your manni is definitely more zaftig than Twiggy was...

4. Very cool!

5. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

woooo hooooooooooooo, liz!

:party:

6. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

Boy, I just love Twiggy!:drinking2:

Janine

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Nice to see you finally found one! It does look like a 5 yr old's frock as dear little Twigs just didn't have the measurements your manni does!

8. avamac

avamac Alumni

Measurements: 31AA-22-32 (at age 17), 32-23-32 (during peak of her 60s modeling career), 32B-24-32 (in 1976 at age 27), 36B-20-33 (measured in 1986), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)

According to Wikipedia....

9. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

That's weird. 4" from her waist went to the rest of her.:scratchchin:

Janine

10. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

Oddly enough, I'm bigger around the bust than my manni but it fits me perfectly in that area - I guess it's the squish factor (not that Twiggy had anything to squish). So I don't think this one is Twiggy measurements!! ;) I do have a John Bates mini with exactly her measurements though, similarly tiny in length as well.

[​IMG]

(I couldn't zip it up on Odette - hence no back shots)

11. freudianslips

freudianslips Alumni

Wow - amazing find!! Love that John Bates mini too!