1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated photos of Simonetta dress - dating/fabric help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lily K.Chadwick, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Lily K.Chadwick

Lily K.Chadwick Registered Guest

Hi again,

The Simonetta dress which I'd posted about a while back (asking for a fabric ID) has arrived, so I thought I'd post a few better shots of it, along with the fabric, which on inspection, seems to be a sort of embroidered organza cut-work.

I'm leaning towards thinking it's late fifties, though would very much appreciate any help in finding the proper term for this kind of double-layered hem (I think it goes beyond being a peplum?).

Also, apologies for my hair being slightly in disarray, I managed to take the photos just before it started pouring down with rain ... was in rather a rush!

I'll also try and grab a few more photos of the interior construction before I head back into the city, as I'm thinking at the moment that this may have been one of her couture creations.

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Fabulous dress, Lily. That fabric is superb! It looks like a soutache horsehair braid but I can't be sure. Really gorgeous dress!!!

3. Lily K.Chadwick

Hi Mary Jane, thanks ever so much for your kind words! Were it not for the fact that my backside wasn't best pleased to be squeezed into it, it's one that I'd seriously be considering keeping. So in love with the design!

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

What a pity you can't keep it, it's really gorgeous!

5. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

Hi its wonderful! Can I see the label?

6. Lily K.Chadwick

Mary Jane - I know ... pondering if there's any way I can shave an inch (heck, I'd settle for half) off my hips. I've spent the last few days cursing them profusely!

INVINTAGEV - Thanks ever so much! And sure thing, it was silly to forget a picture of the label. This one is from the seller, but I can get an updated one next week?

Attached Files:

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  7. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

:wow22: